- A community designed around a central "hearth" great room, with easy connections to nature on the dedicated open air outdoor deck and entertainment lounge
- RN led staff with an LPN, Certified Nursing Assistants with Dementia specialty training, and on-duty staff 24 hours per day
- Walking Path and 4,400 square foot roof garden terrace for exercise and access to outdoor spaces
- Structured Activity Calendar with exercise classes, walking groups, and other daily events
- Gentle Care Philosophy - “Validation Breakthrough”
- Commitment to Adequate Food and Fluid Consumption
- Social Engagement & Involvement in Meaningful Activities
- Commitment to Resident Safety
Empress Senior Living is guided by the principles of Validation Therapy which emphasize using empathy to build trust, never forcing seniors to do anything, and interpreting challenging behavior as an underlying need to be discovered and fulfilled. Validation restores dignity to seniors with dementia by accepting them as they are. Struggling to perform basic everyday tasks is a difficult reality for dementia residents and can cause withdrawal. Through acceptance of all behavior, even difficult behavior, care managers can transition quickly to solve problems and focus on assisting residents with everything they need. This gentle environment decreases agitation and promotes peace and tranquility for residents, allowing them the opportunity to be the best they can be.
Dementia may lead to reduced food and fluid intake, due in part to decreased recognition of hunger and thirst. Ensuring adequate food and fluid intake requires a concerted effort. We are committed to meeting these basic needs through systematic monitoring and as a part of the identity of Audrey's Garden communities.
Meaningful activities are the foundation of dementia care because they help residents maintain their functional abilities. Audrey's Garden communities use every opportunity to engage residents in enjoyment of outdoors, socialization, everyday tasks, exercise programs, and musical interaction. These events and activities are fun for residents, individually paced, and are always delivered with sincere love and compassion. By creating an atmosphere of familiarity and consistency, we keep our residents invested and engaged in the world and people around them.
The Audrey's Garden communities offer your loved ones dedicated staffing and locked security. This is an important distinction in today's rapidly changing world of residential care. Both Audrey's Garden Transitions and Reflections are custom built and designed for memory care and include state of the art technology to prevent wandering and elopement. Additionally, both Anna's Garden communities have dedicated staff who only cater to residents in that specific community, delivering better service and more value to residents' lives.